Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Done early

It never fails that some students get done earlier than others, so trying to bridge the gap between my early finishers and my students who need more time is one of my biggest struggles as an art teacher.   Today to help my early finishers I gave them an extra project but with no instructions they had to figure out how to create it by themselves using the scrap paper box.   It was very fun to see what they could create if we come up with for their fall forest. 



This also lead to a great discussion about their Art Prize feild trip today.  We had a chance to talk about looking at art, and that they should try to think about how the artist made the piece, what supplies did they use, what time went into the work etc. And that when they determine if they like a work of art they should think about more then just what it looks like when it is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment